Blogs are very useful in terms of getting any type of information from the web. When you hit the search button on Google, 50% of the websites it shows are blogs.
If you are a blogger and your blog is in WordPress then you should know WordPress plugins to create good content.
That’s why today I’m here with 11 WordPress plugins that help you create good blog content in 2023.
You might also like,
What is WordPress?
WordPress was initially created as a blog platform in 2003. It is open-source software that supports a vast ecosystem of plugins and themes. It has seen tremendous growth and is now one of the most popular ways to create a website or blog (and much more.)
These are just some of the things that you can create using WordPress:
- Business websites
- eCommerce stores
- Social networks
- Membership sites
What are WordPress Plugins?
WordPress Plugins are software additions that provide the customization of your WordPress website.
WordPress Plugins are written in the PHP programming language and tailored so that they merge seamlessly with WordPress. Plugins are user-friendly, as there is no programming knowledge required to add them on.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we recommended. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.
Users can add a wide array of features to their websites through the many available and often free-cost plugins.
We have compiled a list of the 11 essential plugins that you need when using WordPress:
Elementor is a WordPress page builder that helps you create appealing websites in a simple, easy-to-use manner. Elementor is a frontend page builder.
Elementor allows you to design your website live without switching between the editor mode and preview mode.
When using Elementor, you do not need to rely on code or professional developers for assistance and create complex layouts without any hassle.
2. Short Pixel Image Optimizer
When you create a website, it is always beneficial to make sure that the website runs fast. Websites almost always contain images in some form or the other.
Often, image files have a lot of surplus data that only bulk the filesize without adding any real value to it.
That is where an image optimization plugin like the Short Pixel Image Optimizer comes in. It removes the unnecessary data from the image file through which the website pages will load much quicker, without affecting the visual quality of the images.
Short Pixel has no file size limit and supports JPG, PNG, and GIF images (including animated), as well as PDF document formats.
CoSchedule is one of the premium editorial calendars that is designed to be used by content creators to schedule social media, blog posts, and other team tasks from within WordPress.
It saves time and helps in growing traffic by the efficient promotion and scheduling of content within WordPress.
Here are some of the features offered by the Coschedule plugin:
- Marketing Calendar: Plan, publish and promote all your WordPress content from the centralized dashboard on this plugin.
- Social Media Calendar: All major social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest are integrated with Coschedule, so social sharing is straightforward.
- Workflow Management: Quickly delegate tasks, set deadlines, and send automated email notifications to ensure the staff is on the same page. Workflow Management: Quickly delegate tasks, set deadlines and send automated email notifications to make sure the staff is on the same page.
- Headline analyser: Coschedule will let you know if your headline is strong or engaging enough before you post content so that you can retouch it if it does not match the algorithm.
- Integration: The plugin seamlessly integrates with WordPress, Google Docs, Evernote, Google Analytics, and Buffer. Integration: The plugin seamlessly integrates with WordPress, Google Docs, Evernote, Google Analytics and Buffer.
4. Yoast SEO
A good website needs excellent Search Engine Optimization (SEO). SEO is the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to the website through organic search engine results.
Yoast SEO is a complete SEO solution that is again optimized for user-friendly usage. The SEO plugin shows you a Google search result snippet preview so that you can see exactly how your content will look when someone searches for it on Google.
It even can get you verified Google authorship for your site and automatically notifies search engines when content is published on your website.
You can read my detailed review on Yoast SEO here: Yoast SEO Review and Setup Guide [Best WordPress SEO Plugin 2023]
Some of the content-centered features offered by Yoast SEO:
- SEO analysis: It is a tool that ensures that all the content is SEO -friendly and contains the right keywords.
- Readability analysis: Ensures that both man and machine can read and understand the content.
- Full language support: Yoast SEO offers full support for the following languages; English, German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Indonesian, Polish, Portuguese, Arabic, Swedish, Hebrew, Hungarian and Turkish.
- Google preview: This feature shows you what your listings will look like on Google. The feature also works on mobile devices.
If you are a seller, chances are you need an e-commerce website. Woocommerce converts a WordPress website into a fully-functional e-commerce website with just a few clicks.
Some of the ready-made features that Woocommerce offers are:
- Payment Gateways,
- Geo-Location and Automatic Taxes,
- Customizable Checkout Process
- Default Currency
- Redirect Cart
- Shipping Options
- Shipping Calculation, Display, and Destination
- Coupons and Discounts
Akismet is a comment spam filtering service. Spam comments can occupy up to 85% of the total comment volume.
Comment moderation is the process of approving comments based on a set of restrictions; this process can be extremely time-consuming. A plugin like Akismet will catch spam comments before it lands in your moderation queue as pending.
- It automatically checks all the comments filtering out the ones that look like spam.
- It checks if any comments have been previously flagged as spam by the moderator.
- It reveals hidden or misleading links by showing URLs in the comment body.
- Moderators can see the number of approved comments for each user.
- A discard feature blocks the worst spam that saves the disk space and speeds up the site.
7. Contact Form 7
A contact form is a page on a website that allows users to communicate with the site owner. The page has fields for filling in name, address, and type of comment. Through a contact form, users can easily communicate with the site owners/company.
Contact Form 7 is a plugin that helps you generate these forms. It is easy to integrate and also supports CAPTCHA and Akismet spam filtering.
To safeguard the privacy of the users, Contact Form 7 does not:
- track users by stealth;
- write any personal user data to the database;
- send any data to external servers;
A CDN (Content Delivery Network) is a highly distributed platform of servers that helps minimize delays in loading web page content by reducing the physical distance between the server and the user. CDNs are essential for the fast, efficient, and secure delivery of content to users worldwide.
Cloudflare is one such CDN-type product that protects the web page from threats. It also improves site performance and speeds up loading times by using multiple data centers located around the world.
Using Cloudflare, you can control the type of traffic that your website is receiving.
9. Link Whisper
Adding internal links is an often-overlooked aspect of content building. Internal links can prove to be quite beneficial for user experience and search engine optimization.
Internal linking is one of the more exhausting aspects if you have a lot of content. Link Whisper is a plugin that allows you to add and manage internal links on your site.
Some of the outstanding features of the link whisper plugins are:
- Provides internal linking reports that show you which of your content has links and which of your posts and pages do not have an internal link.
- Using Artificial Intelligence, Link Whisper gives automatic link suggestions as you write.
- It is compatible with many editors like Classic, Gutenburg, and Elementor.
The JetPack plugin helps make your WordPress site safer and faster and helps in traffic growth.
Some of the highlights of the JetPack plugin include:
- Site Stats: You can get insights into your traffic and other analytics from your dashboard.
- Ads: You can monetize your WordPress site with WordAds.
- Google Analytics: You can easily install Google Analytics on your site.
- Site Verification: You can get your site verified with Google, Bing, and Pinterest.
- Security Scanning: You can get your site scanned for malware and protect it with automated resolution.
- Site Backups: You can have backup of your entire site automatically.
- Spam Filtering: You can filter out spam submissions on your comments, contact, and product review forms.
The LiveChat plugin adds live chat support to your WordPress website effortlessly. LiveChat provides instant communication with on-site visitors and customers and enables a quick clarification of their concerns or queries.
- Canned responses: Canned responses help improve customer support efficiency thanks to predefined answers to the most frequently asked questions.
- File upload support: You can send and receive files via the live chat widget to better understand customers and solve their queries effectively.
- Support and agent ratings: Through the rating system, you can better understand visitors/customer satisfaction and consequently grow your business.
- Reports and analytics: Optimize the communication with visitors via the built-in live chat and ticket metrics. You can also access reports through the API and export gathered data to the CSV format.
- Chat transfer: The chat transfer feature can transfer the case to a particular agent when necessary.
Conclusion: Why you should need this WordPress Plugins
Above I have introduced you to the 11 WordPress plugins that will help you create good content for your blog.
Now, it’s your time to apply all of them and check how they affect your writing.
Let me know in the comments what do you think about these plugins and do share this article on your social circles to educate them about these useful plugins.
You may also like,