There are several email marketing services available in the market. Choosing the best out of them is not an easy task. Well, if you are reading this article, you’ve already narrowed down your email marketing software list to these two: GetResponse or ClickFunnels.
Stuck in, which one is better? In this article, I will show you the difference between GetResponse Vs Clickfunnels. After reading this article, you would easily decide which one is the better option for your email marketing needs.
So, let’s begin the comparison,
|Tracking and analytics||Yes||Yes|
|One-Click Upsells and Downsells||No||Yes|
|Backpack and Affiliate Programs||No||Yes|
|24/7 Support Access||Yes||Yes|
|Language support||26 languages||English|
Basic Difference Between GetResponse and ClickFunnels
Clickfunnels and GetResponse both are email marketing services. But there is a basic difference between them ie; Clickfunnels is specially built for funnel building, whereas GetResponse fits all your online marketing needs.
As from the name, Clickfunnels is a funnel builder as well as email marketing software that you can use in your paid ad marketing, affiliate marketing, etc.
It is best for setting up “Upsells and Downsells” your products and services.
GetResponse fits all your needs. With GetResponse you can build opt-in forms for your websites. send regular emails to your followers, eCommerce email marketing, paid ads marketing, funnel building, etc.
So we can say that ClickFunnels is built for aggressive and active marketers and GetResponse is for passive ones.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we recommended. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.
In the upcoming sections, we’ll read features, pros and cons, pricing, and detailed comparison to their features which will help you to choose which one is better for your type of marketing.
Let’s have a look into the features of GetResponse and ClickFunnels which give you better insights into them.
- Email marketing: This is the common feature of all email marketing services, however I should have to mention this here. GetResponse lets you create Autoresponders, Transactional emails etc and manage the email lists.
- Website builder: GetResponse has just launched this feature which allows you to create websites with drag and drop editor and link your custom domain with this.
- Marketing automation: GetResponse has multiple automation feautures such as autoresponders, sales funnel automation, push notification automation etc. These automation tools make your marketing easier then ever.
- Webinars: I think you already know the importance of webinars in online marketing. Well, GetResponse alllows you to conduct webinars for your email subscribers.
- Paid Ads: You can setup Facebook and Gogle ads right from your GetResponse dashboard. As well as you can create animated videos and banners for your social media campaigns.
- Landing pages: Landing page or bridge page is very important for any online marketing campaign. GetResponse allows you to create multiple landing pages with drag and drop page builder.
- Convertion funnels: getResponse lets you setup convertion funnels and segment the subscribers as per thier behavior in the funnel.
- Live Chat: This feature allows you to implement a live chat option on your website where users can ask thier queries and get answers from you. It’s a great feature for eCommerce business.
- Web push notification: Web push notification allows you to add push notification on your website. Push notification is a browser based notification which forces the user to enable to get future notification from you.
- SMS Marketing: SMS Marketing is a need of eCommerce business. With GetResponse you will get this included in the plan.
- Email marketing: Like GetResponse, Clickfunnels has basic email marketing feature which includes Autoresponders, and email list management.
- Landing page: ClickFunnels lets you create high converting landing pages with drad and drop editor and intutive dashboard.
- Sales page: Along with basic landing pages, you can also create high converting sales page to market your products.
- Collect money: Even you can collect money right from the sales page. th epayment gateway supports multiple payment options.
- 1-click upsell: You can design smart shopping carts with 1 Click Upsells.
- Membership area: the membership area lets you create membership website and serve memebr only ocntent to the audience.
- Sales funnel: You can design high converting sales funnels with ClickFunnels.
- Follow-Up Funnels: Follow up fulles lets you get some more sales from your existing customer by creating follow-up email automation funnels.
These features tell that ClickFunnels is best for creating sales funnels and active marketing campaigns best suited for digital marketers. On the other hand, if you are a blogger, Youtube creator, or social media influencer then GetResponse is best for you.
Now let’s come to the plans and pricing structure of both email marketing software.
Plans and Pricing
When it comes to plans and pricing, Clickfunnels has only two, whereas GetResponse has four plans and all of them are fully customizable as per your budget and email list.
Let’s have a look into the pricing structure of GetResponse. Then we’ll see ClickFunnels pricing.
GetResponse Pricing and Plans
GetResponse has 4 pricing structures ie; Free, Basic, Plus, and Professional.
GetResponse Free Plan
Free plan allows you to send unlimited newsletters to a maximum of 500 contacts. This also includes 1 landing page, website builder, custom domain, and signup forms to implement on our website.
GetResponse Basic Plan
GetResponse basic plan starts from $10.50/Monthly if you opt for 36 months. For 12 months this plan will be increased to $12.30/Monthly. And if you opt for one month plan then you’ll have to pay $15/Month.
This plan includes Autoresponders, Unlimited landing pages, Unlimited Website Builder, Basic segmentation, and Email scheduling along with all the features of the free plan.
The cost of this plan changes as per the number of contacts. Such as for 1000 contacts you have to pay at least $10.50/Monthly. If you have 2500 contacts then you have to pay at least $17.50 and so on.
GetResponse Plus Plan
GetResponse Plus plan starts from $34.3/month if you buy it on 24 months tenure. For 12 months plan will be increased to $40.18/month and for 1 month it will be $49/month.
Along with all the features of Basic and Free plans, it also has Marketing automation, Webinars, 3 team members access, Contact scoring and tagging, Advanced segmentation, and allows you to create up to 5 sales funnels.
The above pricing is applicable for 1000 contacts and increases as per the contact list size.
GetResponse professional plan is built for fully professional marketers. This plan allows you to create Unlimited automation, set up Paid webinars, setup 5 team members accounts, eCommerce features, Web push notifications, Unlimited funnels.
This plan starts from $69.3/month for 36 months of tenure. And the price increases according to the contact list size and reduced tenure.
Clickfunnels Plans and Pricing
Now let’s have a look into the plans and pricing of ClickFunnels.
ClickFunnels has only 2 pricing plans, the Basic ClickFunnels plan, and ClickFunnels platinum plan.
The Basic plan costs you $97/month and the premium plan costs you $297/month. There are no benefits of bigger tenure like GetResponse.
ClickFunnels Basic plan features: The basic plan allows you to create up to 20 sales funnels, 100 landing pages, 1 sub-user, link 3 domains, and chat support. There is no Follow-Up Funnel feature in the basic plan.
ClickFunnels Platinum plan features: This plan allows you to create unlimited landing pages and funnels, add 3 sub-users, 3 payment gateways, 9 domains, unlimited Follow-Up Funnels, and some other features.
$97 would be costly for beginners that’s why I like GetResponse plans. Whether you are a beginner or a professional GetResponse has pricing plans for all. On the other hand, only professionals can afford ClickFunnels plans.
GetResponse Pros and Cons
In this section, We’ll see the pros and cons of GetResponse email marketing service and compare this with ClickFunnel’s pros and cons.
- GetResponse has a free plan with basic email marketing features. If you are abeginner then you canuse this plan and after getting some optins you can upgrade your plan to paid ones.
- The basic plan of GetResponse is cheaper compared to it’s competitors such as Aweber, Clickfunnels etc.
- GetResponse provides a wide range of discounts if you pay for 12-month or 36-months at once.
- It provides you almost all reccomended email marekting automation tools.
- GetResponse is easy to use.
- Email segmentation is very easy and streightforward in GetResponse.
- GetResponse also provides Webinar feature for educators who want to aquire thier follwers by conducting webinars.
- The support team is great. They response quicly and solve all your queires within the time frame.
- One of the best thing I like in GetResponse is, you don’t have to provide Credit Card Details when optin for free plan.
- The GetResponse popup signup forms are old styled. GetResponse should work on it.
- There is no phone support provided.
- You can split test only subject lines and content. There is no split test feature using sender and send time as well.
- Website builder is slow. If you have slow internet connection you will face trouble in loading website builder.
- Paid webinar only avaiable on the most expansive plan.
- Landing age builder is also slow. You would face difficulties in loading landing page builder is you have slow internet connetion.
Clickfunnels Pros and Cons
- ClickFunnels provides an easy to use dashboard and funnel builder.
- You will get drag & drop visual editor which you can use to create landing pages and funnels,
- Email automation is easy to use and feature rich.
- ClickFunnels provides you to create membership sites which is a great thing for educators and online service providers,
- ClickFunnel’s BackPack Affiliate System allows you to create your own affiliate marketing system.
- You can share your sales funnels to your friends and followers on social media.
- ClickFunnels provides an awesome A/B Testing feature.
- ClickFunnels is Built to for porfessionals make more money out from thier content.
- The first thing I don’t like in ClickFunnels is it’s limited pricing structure. There are only 2 plans and both are coslty for begginers.
- ClickFunnels does not provides any free plan like GetResponse.
- The Support team take more time then GetResponse support to listen your query and resolve that. It’s not as good as GetResponse’s support team.
Now, when you have a clear view of the pros and cons, features, pricing plans, etc of both ClickFunnels and GetResponse, you can decide which one is better for your needs.
Now, let’s jump into the details feature comparison of ClickFunnels and GetResponse.
When it comes to dashboard comparison, ClickFunnels dashboard is easier to use than GetResponse.
As you can see in the above image, there are 4 tabs on the header,
- Follow-Up Funnels
Most of the work is done in the “ClickFunnels Tab”. You can create sales funnels and pages within this tab. The Follow-Up Funnels tab allows you to create follow-up funnels. Backpack will help you to create an affiliate system and the Help tab allows you to take helps in any query.
Creating pages and funnels is very easy in ClickFunnels. When you hover on “ClickFunnels Tab” you will see multiple menu options. there you have to click on the Funnels menu and the funnel creation dashboard will be open where you can create pages and funnels easily.
There is also a Funnel marketplace to buy high converting readymade funnels.
Similarly, the “follow-up funnels tab” and “backpack tab” allow you to create follow-up funnels to earn more money from your existing customers and create an affiliate system around your product or service respectively.
ON the other hand, GetResponse dashboard is quite difficult for beginners. However, if you face trouble in using their dashboard there is a well-trained team who will help you with that.
When you open their dashboard, you will see two menus, one at the top the quick menu containing Lists, Reports, Drafts, and Create button.
Another menu is on the left side containing all the tools such as email marketing, autoresponder, automation, webinar, etc.
You can use those tools according to your need. When you start using those tools you will be familiar with them, however, at first, the automation tool, Webinar, and conversion funnels seem a bit hard to use.
ClickFunnels and GetResponse both have automation features. In ClickFunnels you can use the automation feature to automate funnel emails. Get Response provides you with a dedicated automation tool to set up your automated email marketing campaings.
In GetResponse you can create fully automated email funnels and sequences. However, creating automated email sequences and funnels is a bit sophisticated in GetResponse compared to ClickFunels.
The best thing about GetResponse is you will get a drag and drop automation builder which is easy to use for beginners.
ClickFunnnels also has a marketing automation builder but it’s not as easy to use as GetResponse.
One thing I like about ClickFunnels is you can buy high-converting readymade automation funnels from the funnel marketplace.
If you don’t know how to create automation then you can use “Funnel Marketplace” to get readymade automation funnels.
Both the marketing software have the feature to create landing pages. As we know that landing pages or bridge pages are an important part of online marketing. Landing pages are widely used for customer acquisition.
GetResponse has a dedicated drag-and-drop landing page builder. You can use this landing page builder and landing page templates to create high-converting landing pages.
In ClickFunnels you will get the option to create landing pages inside the funnel builder tool. There is a sales page where you can create landing pages for your funnels.
Similar to GetResponse, ClickFunnels sales page tool has a drag-and-drop builder which makes it very easy to create landing pages like a pro.
On top of that, you will get tons of free and paid landing page templates in both, however GetResponse landing page template library is smaller than ClicFunnels.
Both the online marketing tools have sophisticated list segmentation features, allowing you to create multiple segments in your list according to your marketing needs.
But, I like GetResponse segmentation feature. most of the beginners are stuck in segmentation. Fortunately, GetResponse has easy to use segmentation feature that allows you to create segments easier than ever.
Webinar feature is available only on getResponse. ClickFunnels has not any Webinar features. So, if you are an educator who wants to conduct webinars and make them part of your funnels then you GetResponse is the best option for you.
Remember: Webinars are one of the most converting lead magnets these days. So conducting webinars is a great way to get more customers.
ClickFunnels doesn’t have any webinar feature, however, you can embed your videos on the landing pages. But if you want to promote your product and services through webinars then there is no option there in ClickFunnels.
Both marketing software have a visual editor to design landing pages, opt-in forms, email responders, etc. Even both have darg and drop editor which makes it quite easy to design landing pages, opt-in forms, and emails.
BUT, I personally like GetResponse visual editor which is easier to use compared to ClickFunnels.
There are easy navigations, tools menu, and other features that I like in GetResponse.
However, if you want to create landing pages then ClickFunnels is not bad. There is a simple process to do this. The wizard-based guidelines make it very easy to use landing pages in ClickFunnels.
Again I can say that ClickFunnels is purely built for Paid advertisement-based affiliate marketers and digital product businesses.
BUT, GetResponse fits all your needs.
Both ClickFunnels and GetResponse provide hosting for your landing pages. You can host your landing pages under your custom domain.
Connecting custom domain with your landing pages allows you to build your brand around your marketing.
As, both the email marketing services have a basic hosting feature where you can host your landing pages and connect through your custom domain purchased from any registrar.
One step ahead, GetResponse even provides you to design websites inside their dashboard which you can connect to your custom domain.
So you can create one page or multipage websites in both GetResponse and ClickFunnels.
A/B Split Testing
Every marketing campaign needs A/B testing. If you don’t test what is working and what is not, then you will not be successful in selling your products and services.
Well, both the email marketing services provide you A/B testing facility.
You can test the email sequences, campaigns, landing pages, and opt-in forms to observe which one is perform better and proceed with the better one.
Both the online marketing services provide you with the feature to create sales funnels. But, in GetResponse it is called conversion funnel.
You can create high converting sales funnels with GetResponse and ClicFunnels.
BUT, ClickFunnels provides the facility to purchase pre-built, high converting, and tested funnel templates that you can easily modify according to your needs.
Winner in sales funnels: GetResponse doesn’t have any funnel marketplace like ClickFunnels so I think ClickFunnels provides better features to create sales funnels. Also, building sales funnels in ClickFunnels is easier compared to GetResponse. So the winner is definitely ClickFunnels.
Conversion tracking is one of the most important factors in paid online marketing as you are burning your hard cash on paid ads and if you can’t track what is going on then it’s not good for your financial goals.
You can connect your Google ads, Google analytics, and Facebook business manager account to track the conversions.
Membership Site Features
GetResponse and ClickFunnels both provide you the feature to create a membership area for our content, however, ClickFunnels offers far better features under their membership site tool.
It has a dedicated membership website-building tool that allows you to restrict access to your content without logging in.
People are making millions through membership sites. If you want to create your own then you should go with ClickFunnels.
eCommerce Marketing Features
However, both the online marketing services offer eCommerce marketing features but, GetResponse provides better tools under this feature.
Whether it’s a push notification tool or SMS marketing GetResponse is one step ahead then ClickFunnels.
ClickFunnels allows you to create high converting sales funnels but doesn’t have SMS marketing or Push notification.
So, if you want to do funnel-based eCommerce marketing that has lots of upsells, cross-sells, etc then ClickFunnels is better. But if you want aggressive eCommerce marketing then you should use GetResponse email marketing funnels, SMS marketing, and Push notification in combination.
Integration is one of the important features of winning marketing software. To automate the marketing process you need to integrate your software with other ones.
In my case, I have integrated my GumRoad account with my email marketing software to know who has purchased my $1 lead magnet and then target them as a priority buyer for my products.
Well, ClickFunnels and GetResponse both have a wide range of integrations to other apps and tools. So, you don’t need third-party software such as Zapier or Automate.io to integrate with third-party software.
Above you’ve learned all about the features, advantages, and disadvantages of GetResponse and ClickFunnels.
I think now you have better insights about these online marketing tools that you can use to choose the best option for you.
If you ask me about my verdict about them then let me tell you that I am using GetResponse for the last 3 years.
I am a blogger first, then an affiliate marketer so the way I do my marketing is different than hardcore affiliate marketers.
That’s why GetResponse is the best online marketing software for me.
BUT, if you want to become an aggressive affiliate marketer then you should choose ClickFunnels because it is built to keep in mind the needs of an affiliate marketer.
Now, I think you are clear about which one you should choose for your online marketing.
Yes, GetResponse has started offering a free account from September 2021. If you signup for the free account, you will get one month of access to all features and after one month it will convert to basic features plan.
GetResponse is one of the best email marketing software for bloggers and eCommerce stores.
Yes, GetResponse has a dedicated tool for landing page building.
No, you don’t need to provide credit card details for free account signup in GetResponse.
Yes, you can build a basic one-pager or multipage website with GetResponse and connect your custom domain with that.
If you are an aggressive affiliate marketer then ClickFunnels is better than GetResponse. If you are a blogger or eCommerce business then GetResponse is better.
If you are an experienced online marketer and implement things in the right way then, yes, you can make money with ClickFunnels.
There are many ways to promote your products on CLickFunnels such as Facebook ads, Google ads, Blogs YouTube, etc.
Yes, it is, if you love aggressive funnel-based marketing.
ClickFunnels offers only 2 plans. The basic plan is sufficient for an affiliate marketer.
There are several alternatives to ClickFunnels and GetResponse. But the best ones are,